I hope you all know where today's title comes from else I shall take off in a huff ;)
One of my favourite ever TV series, if you haven't seen it - go and watch it NOW! Well, no not now. I recommend waiting for Fall / Winter when the nights are darker and the whole world has that dark spooky feel to it THEN watch it. You'll have set the scene so perfectly. It's slightly disturbing, a whole lot fantastic and just trust me, amazing tv.
So! Yes, now that I've unintentionally waffled on about a series (anyone would think this was a pop culture review blog) kidding! This is a wee nail art post for the nail owls I painted and tweeted last night.
I first saw this wee design on Pinterest, there was no tutorial but it seemed straight forward enough.
Honestly not that difficult so I'll take you through it step by step. Plus after my Marks & Spencer owl themed post yesterday I was all about the owls!
Polishes you will need:
Base: any brown polish, I've used Catrice Browno Mars
Eyes: The white polish, black polish and yellow polish will all be used here
Belly: White polish as opposed to a nail art pen (you'll see why later in this post)
Beak and Feet: Orange, I've used Essence Whoom Boooom! as it was the brightest I had.
OFF WE GO!
1. Paint your brown base coat, allow to dry (the Catrice is great as it does dry quite quickly)
2. Paint an owls' ''belly'' on your fingers. Now, this is where an actual polish would have been more useful. Unfortunately the nail art polishes aren't cut out for any kind of bigger designs, as you can see the polish isn't evenly distributed? So yes, white POLISH and just sweep a wee curved circular shape halfway up your nail. Allow to dry.
3. Dot on little yellow eyes
4. Dot little whites onto your Owl's eyes
5. Now you can see everything taking shape. Pop a little black dot as pupils on the eyes and the little dotted specks on the belly.
6. Add 2 dots at the tip of your nail and a little triangle at the top of the white belly and there's your wee owls' beak!
So, what do you think? Tempted to give it a whirl? PS. I know I've done the dreaded ''claw'' hand here and I don't usually but it WAS the best way to show you the owls so I know you'll forgive me ;)
Any name suggestions for this wee guy?