Not something I usually do but today I thought I'd revert to form and post you a recipe I winged last night for pizza. Rather tasty and it didn't blow my syns completely (slimming world).
Margherita Pizza a la The Agoraphobic Fashionista
200g plain flour
1 tsp yeast
pinch of salt
half mug of warm water
4 tbsp passata
pinch of oregano
pinch of basil
50g light mozzarella cheese
25g light cheddar cheese
1. Mix the flour, yeast, salt and warm water together in a bowl. Add the water a little at a time and mix well. When you have a dough like texture remove and pop onto a floured surface.
2. Knead dough well and shape into a pizza. Place onto a baking tray.
3. Bake for 5 minutes whilst you prepare any toppings you want.
4. Mix passata, oregano and basil together in a bowl. Remove pizza and spread passata mixture on top. Don't be afraid of slapping it on!
5. Place your mozzarella cheese onto the top of the pizza and sprinkle over your cheddar. Add a sprinkling of oregano and place back into the oven for approximately 10 minutes.
You can add whatever toppings you desire!
Serving Suggestion with roasted skinny fries and a green leafy salad.
I've calculated the syns for this method and they're coming in at approximately 12 syns per 2 slices (whatever size it ends up!) as we shared it amongst the 4 of us.
Not too bad when you want a slightly indulgent dinner without blowing your eating plan right out of the window. Even better if you've saved your HEA and can use cheese as part of that! Plus your little one will love helping make a homemade pizza.
Hope you enjoyed the change in pace! Why not pop by and tell me your favourite slimming world recipe? I've had many in development for a while now but my all time favourite still has to be my own recipe Rogan Josh, in fact we haven't had that in a while! Saturday night curry anyone?